Milton Utility Poultry & Bird Fanciers Club
The Milton Club started 1892 and was known as The Bruce Poultry, Pigeon, Cagebird and Dog Society.
Shows were held in the Skating Rink Hall at the north end of Milton. They also had home baking,bread, cakes etc, jams and jellies, preserved fruit, and sheep dog trials. A refreshment stall was run by the lady members. Entry Fee was 2 shillings for members and 2 shillings & 6 pence for non-members. It was still running in 1900 but we cannot find out for how long into the century. They were affiliated to the South Island Association.
In 1946 we started again under the name Milton Utility Poultry & Bird Fanciers Club. Our shows were held in the St Johns Hall in Union Street, then the Milton R.S.A. and now in the Milton Coronation Hall where we have been for over thirty years.
We hold our show on the third weekend in June with all except for ducks. We have a committee meeting whenever we need one and welcome new members and interested people. We are willing to help younger and new members at any time.